This has been a
long battle in a very noisy battlefield cluttered with flashes of clarity only
to be flushed away with confusions and conflicts. Would it even matter if I wrote
or didn’t,
Kya farak padega
boss….. Should I too fall easy prey to the hallucinating false sense of power
which new age digital platforms dole out with complete unbiased generosity
matched possibly only by that almighty God ?
Digital
platforms, Social Media…. What levelers these guys are…. Equal access to
everybody & anybody …. And we have tweets & sermons from Important
citizens like Iyers, Guptas, Patels, Nairs, Banerjees and all DIRECTLY
directing lesser capable Citizens like the Prime Minister, the entire Cabinet, Reserve
Bank head, Army Generals on how to administer the country….
“Dear #Modi
please immediately take action on the statements of the Pak PM….” Tweets Mr.
Deshpande before royally settling down with his cup of tea towards the end of a
hard day at work where his boss showered him with choicest adjectives for his
inability perform even the basic duties after 20 odd years of secure soft
Government Naukri. He gets a sense of vindication at his power to advice to the
PM of India and life goes on …Mera Desh Mahaan….
It has been said
by many wise forefathers….. The wise speak because they have something
worthwhile to say, while the foolish speaks because he JUST has to say
something….. so then what would be my instigation for speaking out my mind….????
Foolishness or wisdom……
The value of
anything is often gauged by its utility. Even the spoken words which help better
understanding has value and in modern times is helping build many careers across
industries from software to politics.
The digital
space uniquely also allows one luxury that isn’t always found or always
afforded in the brick & mortar space. We are able to exist and occupy Bytes
of data without disturbing or intruding onto anyone’s toes…… We are able to
just stay put…. We are able to let others visit our space at their own leisure
& discretion….
And THIS helped
me solve my puzzle ……. My Ego of course says I’m WISE but my status… my aukaat…..
shouts I am FOOLISH………. And not wanting to let circumstances define my wisdom, I
borrow some thoughts from LEFT overs and decide to go in for a mandate ……..
And then there
was a little Rap on my knuckles from a person who has been after me to write
for the past decade. A person, I rate very very highly and possibly one of the
best brains we have in the country.
I present my
case through these blogs. I shall await
in this eerie digital silence to let you decide the UTILITY of my words……
If you find any sense… any value …. please
stay… keep visiting …. and share……
Sometimes I think back to the India I knew as a teenager. Nothing seems to have changed. Progress in tiny pockets, progress for a handful while the masses surrender to the daily grind hoping for a better tomorrow which may never arrive. Where is the wisdom of our people hiding? I know it is there, just not clearly visible for the world to see. Maybe the sheer number of people hides the beauty and brilliance of the minds of whom I call 'True Indians'
ReplyDelete